WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Whether you are a new parent or a parent who perhaps needs a little bit of help further down the line, I am dedicated to providing the help, support and advice that is just right for you and your family. No matter what your circumstances are or your parenting preferences/lifestyle, I will always work alongside you to put the ideal plan in place, for you and your baby, toddler or older child. I want you to feel comfortable and happy with the methods we choose and be able to work through them at a pace that suits you. And I will always be encouraging you to use your own, wonderful instincts!
GENTLE SLEEP CONSULTANT (helping babies from 6 months, toddlers and older children)
Nobody needs to tell a parent/carer just how upsetting and exhausting sleep deprivation can be! It can leave you feeling isolated and helpless, and sometimes angry. Therefore, my main goal is to help you work towards establishing healthy sleeping habits with your little one/s, gently but confidently. I will aim to help you:
- set up a calm, safe sleep environment;
- put flexible, enjoyable routines in place which promote better sleep;
- understand regressions and developmental milestones which may temporarily affect sleep, and what ‘normal’ infant/child sleep looks like;
- introduce happy bedtime routines which will involve your little ones and help them to feel secure;
- help your baby/child to sleep independently and more peacefully, or to bed-share more peacefully;
- identify any underlying feeding issues (such as reflux or an allergy), which may be impacting sleep.
- introduce a bottle (separate package available).
I do NOT use controlled crying or the ‘cry it out’ method. My approach is holistic, and my techniques are fully responsive and more gentle. And I will not push your baby/child beyond what they are capable of for their age and stage of development.
COOL COMMUNICATION COACH (helping babies from 18 months and older children)
Do you find yourself trapped in ‘power-struggles’ with your child? Do you feel like all you say is, “NO”? Do you feel like you and your child are speaking completely different languages? Are you up against some behaviours which you’re just not sure how to handle? Over the years, I have found that sleep difficulties with older babies and children are so tightly linked to behavioural development, and daytime-battles, too, so I don’t teach one without the other. If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, I will aim to help you:
- identify triggers which can lead to difficult behaviour;
- establish boundaries kindly, but assertively;
- understand ‘meltdowns’ and how to deal with them calmly and patiently, to help your child slowly learn how to regulate their BIG emotions;
- empower your child to make choices so that they feel in control and better equipped to navigate this tricky time;
- interact effectively with your child so that they listen more and argue less;
- implement punishment-free, communication techniques;
- connect with your child, on their level, and understand their needs/wants;
- transition your toddler from their cot to their toddler-bed.
It’s POSITIVE PARENTING all the way!
MATERNITY/BABY CARE CONSULTANT (helping babies up to 6 months)
Babies thrive and are most content in a predictable environment, with a structured yet flexible approach to their development. Therefore, one of my main aims is to teach you to gently guide your baby into a manageable routine, using their natural rhythms within this framework. This prepares your baby for sleeping for longer stretches at night as soon as they are able, and ensures they feel safe and secure as they slowly get used to life in the outside world! This is a journey to be taken slowly and gently, so we won’t be pushing your baby beyond what they can manage. In addition, I can also help you with:
Whichever package you choose, we can also talk about: the impact of sleep deprivation; your mental health; building a healthy support network; your relationship; loss of identity.
Please do visit my Packages Page for all packages and costs.