As your baby learns the tricky art of sleeping, you may want to lend a helping hand.
My 5 top reasons for using white noise to help your baby sleep:
1) Your baby has just spent months in the very noisy environment that is a womb! White noise is therefore familiar and reassuring to your baby;
2) You can play it continuously, which can help to keep your baby’s sleep environment constant during day-time naps and throughout the night. Did you ever notice how well your baby sleeps when the washing machine is on?
3) It cannot fall out like a dummy and it won’t stop moving like a rocked Moses basket. So, you won’t need to constantly intervene;
4) You can take it with you wherever you go (it’s easy to play white noise through an App or a special sound machine – you can even choose nature sounds, which might be a little more pleasant for you!);
5) When it comes time to wean your older baby off it, you can just gradually reduce the volume which will help to lessen any harsh withdrawal symptoms.
Happy noise-making everybody!