As your baby learns the tricky art of sleeping, you may want to lend a helping hand.
My 5 top reasons for using white noise to help your baby sleep:
1) Your baby has just spent months in the very noisy environment that is your womb! White noise is therefore familiar and reassuring to your baby;
2) You can play it continuously, which can help to keep your baby’s sleep environment constant during day-time naps and throughout the night. Did you ever notice how well your baby sleeps when the washing machine is on?
3) It cannot fall out like a dummy and it won’t stop moving like a rocked Moses basket. So, you won’t need to constantly intervene;
4) You can take it with you wherever you go (it’s easy to play white noise through an App or a special sound machine). You can even choose nature sounds, which might be a little more pleasant for you!
5) When it comes time to wean your older baby off it, you can just gradually reduce the volume which will help to lessen any harsh withdrawal symptoms.
Happy noise-making everybody!