You thought you were busy before! But, having a baby and a toddler may be easier than you think.
Top 5 Tips for Looking After Your Baby AND Your Toddler
1) Try to merge your baby’s day with your toddler’s day as much as you can. For example, it can be fun to encourage them to play at the same time, or baby’s nap time can easily coincide with a nursery run. Try to offer toddler-snacks at the same time as the baby is having their bottle or breastfeed.
2) Your toddler may be feeling a little out of sorts since the arrival of your baby – try to encourage your toddler to ‘help’ with the baby. This can be something as simple as getting a nappy and some wipes for the baby. Or have a special box of toys which is brought out whilst the baby is feeding, to keep your toddler entertained and happy.
3) Have some all-important one-on-one time with your toddler during the day, whilst your baby is napping.
4) Bath-time is so much more fun when shared!
5) Try to put your baby to bed slightly earlier than your toddler. This will give you chance to spend some quality time with your toddler before tucking them in for the night.
HAPPY PARENTING EVERYBODY!!!